Table of Contents
- 1 Eset Nod32 – simple and reliable antivirus program to protect your PC from malware
- 2 Kaspersky Internet Security can be used on multiple computers
- 3 BullGuard Antivirus provides great computer protection from cyber threats
- 4 Avast Antivirus Pro – the best antivirus for students
Being a student means that you have a very strict budget. However, one of the budget lines of the month or year should include computer protection. Some professional antivirus programs are quite expensive, and you may not consider spending more than a hundred of dollars for security software. However, malware attacks continue growing, so losing your files, bachelor or master’s thesis just before the deadline might cost you even more. Thus, computer protection is needed. In order to help you to find affordable and easy to use security program, we provided the list of the best antivirus for students.
Eset Nod32 – simple and reliable antivirus program to protect your PC from malware
If you are not really into IT and computer protection, Eset Nod32 antivirus is one of the best software to start with. The program protects from all former cyber threats, including file-encrypting viruses that are willing to blackmail you into paying the ransom, spyware which might be trying to steal your personal information, worms, rootkits and other types of malware.
The well-known security software received hundreds of awards and was installed millions of times into home computers, businesses or organizations computers’ all over the world. The simple user interface was definitely one of the factors of success.
Easy to use tool was accepted by millions
According to the developer’s website, they created a one-click solution. It means you can perform all major tasks and use tools within one click. For instance, if security alert pops up on the screen, you will be able to learn about the issue and fix it with one simple click. Therefore, no hard-to-follow instructions or complicated terms that you need to google.
Additionally, installation of updates is also simple to install. There’s no doubt that keeping security software up-to-date is crucial to minimize the risk of cyber attack.
Main features of the program
- Antivirus and anti-spyware protection (e.g., rootkits, worms, spyware);
- Ransomware shield that prevents file-encrypting virus attacks;
- Anti-phishing protection that prevents corrupted websites from stealing login details or credit card information;
- Blocking exploits, meaning that it prevents from sophisticated malware attacks that are launched by using
- vulnerabilities in Java-based programs, etc.
- Cloud protection;
- Botnet protection.
Eset antivirus is included into our best antivirus for students list because it also offers protection for multiple computers or even mobile devices. Therefore, once you obtain a license, you can get all your devices secured.
Pricing and buying the license
Eset Nod32 offers a free trial. Thus, you can test this antivirus software and check if it suits your expectations. If you decide to obtain the license, you will be able to do it very simply. However, first of all, you will need to choose the right subscription for you. Developers offer a wide variety of options that start from $49.99 for a yearly subscription. Thus, it’s definitely an affordable computer protection.
Once the Eset Nod32 free trial ends, you will be able to obtain the license key from the program window or access official developer’s website and get it from there.
Kaspersky Internet Security can be used on multiple computers
Indeed, discussions about the credibility of Kaspersky Internet Security were on raise recently. However, despite the political debates, this antivirus is still considered one of the best antivirus for students and other computer users.
Kaspersky offers three licenses instead of one. It means that once you purchase the program, you will be able to install it on three computers. Thus, if you have a desktop and laptop, you will be able to secure both of them!
Features of the antivirus
Kaspersky Internet Security is easy to use and has a simple user interface. Thus, it won’t be hard to take advantage of all its features. This security tools promises:
- to protect from computer viruses, spyware, phishing attempts and blocks dangerous websites;
- to maintain smooth computer’s performance and do not make it slow as other antivirus tools might do;
- to protect user’s privacy;
- make shopping online more secured;
- protect your access to the bank account;
- protection for several computers or smartphones.
Program gives 30-day free trial
Students can take advantage of the developer’s generosity and try antivirus for free. However, when the 30-day trial expires, you will need to make a decision whether you want to continue using it or not.
The price starts at $59.95 for a year. Though, if you want a longer subscription or get the license for several devices, you should look up offers on the developer’s website. We can ensure that they provide quite good deals.
BullGuard Antivirus provides great computer protection from cyber threats
Bullguard is definitely one of the best antivirus for students because it offers real-time protection and easy malware removal in case of the cyber attack. The program is easy to use even if you are not an IT student or only have basic computer skills.
The main features of the antivirus
Developers of Bullguard present this security software as new generation antivirus. The program provides multiple layers of protection:
- Next gen anti-malware;
- Ransomware protection;
- Safe browsing;
- Vulnerability scanner;
- Automatic updates and upgrades.
These are the major features that you can ask to protect your computer from modern threats that can exploit system vulnerabilities or trick you into visiting infected sites and downloading malware.
Bullguard – an affordable security program
In order to take advantage of all previously mentioned anti-virus features, you will need to obtain a license. Currently, one year license for one computer is €29.95. However, before buying it, you can download the program for free to see if it suits your needs.
Avast Antivirus Pro – the best antivirus for students
It doesn’t matter whether you keep your study material in Mac or Windows computer, Avast Antivirus Pro can protect both of the operating systems. Additionally, your Android smartphone and tablet can be protected too. However, the major advantage of the program is that it’s absolutely for free. Thus, there’s no doubt that it’s the best antivirus program for students.
Easy to use security program provides high-level protection
The program is easy to use even for not techy students. Avast antivirus is designed in a way that users would be able to access and use all the features within one or two clicks. The program provides these features:
- real-time protection from major cyber threats, such as ransomware, spyware, malware or phishing attacks;
- CyberCapture feature scans suspicious files immediately and prevents from malicious file execution on the system;
- protects Wi-Fi from third-party access;
- checks for outdated software or suspicious applications that can be exploited by malware to infect the device;
- password vault that allows managing all your social media, banking, email and other passwords, as well as protecting your accounts from attackers.
Apart from great functionality and being absolutely free of charge, this security program also does not slow down the computer. Thus, no lags, no crashes, no buffering videos!