Table of Contents
In this tutorial, I’ll guide you how to root Yu Yureka plus and Install custom recovery
Micromax recently launched the upgraded version of Yureka and not too long ago YU drops its cost to Rs. 8,999. Ever since the launch of Yureka Plus a lot of buyers are trying to find a working Rooting tutorial along with custom Recovery last but not least the wait has ended now you can Root Yureka Plus and install Custom ROM’s, Kernels, and various mods. Let’s proceed and Root Yureka Plus.
Before we start, We need to do some modifications in phone settings.
- Open App drawer.
- Go to settings.
- Open “About Phone”.
- Repeatedly click on the build number (7-10 times).
- Now go back and click on developer options.
- Turn USB debugging on.
- Backup your data just in case.
Here’s list of files you need download them and save.
- Install the 15-Second ADB driver file
- Download adb+fastboot zip
- Download Su binaries
- Copy UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip to an SD card
- Download TWRP
How to install custom recovery on Yureka plus:
- Copy downloaded TWRP recovery image to fast-boot folder and rename it to twrp.img .
- Open command prompt inside fast-boot folder by pressing SHIFT+RIGHT CLICK.
- While pressing the Volume Up key, connect your phone to the PC using your USB cable
- If you’re seeing Fast boot logo on your phone, we’re good to go if not repeat above step until you got the fast boot logo on your phone.
In CMD window Type the following command and hit enter it’ll show you whether your device is connected or not.
fastboot –i 0x1ebf devices
Now to flash TWRP Recovery Type the following command and hit enter:
fastboot –i 0x1ebf flash twrp.img
In case you don’t want to replace your recovery use the following command:
fastboot –i 0x1ebf boot twrp.img
Now reboot your device by using the following command:
fastboot –i 0x1ebf reboot
Alright, We’ve susscesfully installed TWRP recovery on Yureka plus now lets finish the task by rooting it.
How to Root Yu Yureka Plus:
- Copy the downloaded SuperSU.zip into root of your sd card (Don’t copy it in any folder).
- Turn off your phone and boot into recovery mode by holding Volume Up+Volume Down+Power button until you get the Yu Logo
- From TWRP Recovery chose install > Chose zip package(SuperSU.zip) > confirm
- Once flashed go back to main menu and reboot.
That’s it now you should have root access now go and install busybox from Play store, In case you don’t get succeed lets know we’ll help you to fix the issue.